Door-to-door scammers posing as water and sewer infrastructure inspectors
July 28, 2021
Residents are advised that individuals posing as City staff have been going door-to-door requesting to inspect water and sewer infrastructure inside the home. Do not allow these individuals into or around your residence.
The City reminds you that:
- Except in emergency situations, home access is always scheduled in advance.
- City employees carry identification at all times and you have the right to ask to see it.
- City employees always travel in City vehicles marked with the Ottawa logo.
- City employees do not contact residents to sell products or services.
- Should you have concerns or wish to report suspicious visits or calls, please contact 3-1-1.
For more information on City programs and services, visit ottawa.ca or call 3-1-1 (TTY: 613-580-2401). You can also connect with us through Facebook(link is external), Twitter(link is external) and Instagram(link is external).